Are you a League of Legends player who is frustrated with your current rank? Do you feel like you’re stuck in a rut and can’t seem to improve? If so, you’re not alone. Many League of Legends players struggle to climb the ranked ladder.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to a player’s rank, including their skill level, their champion pool, and their game knowledge. However, sometimes it can feel like no matter what you do, you just can’t seem to improve.
If you’re feeling stuck, you may be considering Elo boosting. Elo boosting is a practice in which a more skilled player plays on your account to help you climb the ranked ladder.
There are a number of pros and cons to Elo boosting. On the one hand, Elo boosting can help you quickly improve your rank. This can be beneficial if you’re looking to reach a certain rank for a specific reason, such as qualifying for a tournament.
On the other hand, Elo boosting can have a number of drawbacks. First, it is against the rules of League of Legends. If you’re caught Elo boosting, your account could be banned. Second, Elo boosting does not actually improve your skills as a player. You’ll still be the same skill level after the booster is finished with your account.
If you’re considering Elo boosting, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons carefully. There are other, more legitimate ways to improve your rank. For example, you can watch professional games and learn from the best players in the world. You can also join a ranked team and practice with other skilled players.
In this article, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of Elo boosting in more detail. We’ll also provide some tips for improving your rank without Elo boosting.
What is Elo boosting?
Elo boosting is a practice that has been around since the early days of competitive online gaming. It takes its name from the Elo rating system originally designed for chess. In League of Legends, as with many other competitive games, players are assigned a specific rank based on their performance in ranked matches. This rank is a reflection of their skill level and is used to match them against similarly skilled opponents.
The concept of Elo boosting involves a skilled player (the booster) taking control of another player’s account (the boostee) with the aim of raising the boostee’s rank. The booster accomplishes this by consistently winning games while playing on the boostee’s behalf. As the booster achieves victory after victory, the boostee’s rank will steadily rise, giving them an unfair advantage over their opponents.
Elo boosting is against the rules of League of Legends, and players who are caught Elo boosting may have their accounts banned. Additionally, Elo boosting does not actually improve the boostee’s skills as a player. In fact, it can actually be harmful to their development, as they will not be learning how to play against opponents of their own skill level. If a player is serious about improving their rank in League of Legends, the best way to do so is to practice and improve their skills naturally. There are many resources available to help players do this, including professional games, ranked teams, and coaching services.
Further Reading (Top 10 League of Legends Champions in 2023)
How does Elo boosting work?
Elo boosting typically works in one of two ways:
- Logging into the boostee’s account: The booster will log into the boostee’s account and play ranked games on their behalf. This allows the booster to control the game and ensure that the boostee wins. When the booster logs into the boostee’s account, they will typically play a variety of champions and roles to make it less likely that the boostee’s opponents will figure out that they are being boosted.
- Using a smurf account: Boosters often use smurf accounts when they are Elo boosting. A smurf account is a low-level account that is created specifically for the purpose of boosting. This allows the booster to play against lower-skilled opponents, which makes it easier for them to win games. When the booster uses a smurf account, they will typically play champions that they are very good at to ensure that they can win games easily and quickly.
Potential benefits of Elo boosting
- Reach a higher rank faster: Elo boosting can allow players to reach a higher rank faster than they would be able to on their own. This can be beneficial for players who want to compete at a higher level or who want to earn rewards that are only available to higher-ranked players.
- Improve skills: By playing with a booster, players can learn from the booster’s strategies and techniques. This can help players improve their own gameplay and become better players overall.
Further Reading (The Best Nunu Jungle Build Guide For Season 13 – 2023)
Potential drawbacks of Elo boosting
- Expensive: Elo boosting services typically charge a fee, and the cost can vary depending on the desired rank and the booster’s skill level.
- Risky: If the booster is caught, the boostee’s account could be banned. This is because Riot Games, the developer of League of Legends, prohibits Elo boosting.
- Cheating: Elo boosting can be seen as a form of cheating. By boosting their rank, players are essentially taking an unfair advantage over other players. This can lead to a less enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
Why has Elo boosting become so popular?
Elo boosting has become so popular for a number of reasons:
- Easy to find a booster: There are a number of websites and forums that offer Elo boosting services.
- Affordable: The cost of Elo boosting has come down in recent years, making it more accessible to a wider range of players.
- Shortcut to success: By boosting their rank, players can skip the long and difficult process of improving their skills naturally.
Further Reading (All Piltover Champions In League of Legends)
Elo boosting in League of Legends is a controversial practice with both pros and cons. While it can provide a quick route to a higher rank and expose players to higher-level gameplay, it comes with significant risks and drawbacks. Engaging in Elo boosting violates the rules set by Riot Games and can lead to account bans, while also undermining the integrity of fair competition and the spirit of the game.
Rather than resorting to Elo boosting, players should consider alternative methods to improve their rank and gameplay. Watching professional games, learning from skilled players, and practicing with a dedicated ranked team can lead to genuine skill enhancement and a more fulfilling gaming experience.
It is crucial for players to remember that success in League of Legends comes from dedication, hard work, and a genuine desire to improve. Embracing the learning process and overcoming challenges will ultimately lead to more rewarding achievements and a stronger sense of accomplishment on the Summoner’s Rift. So, let’s strive for growth and fair play as we continue our journey in the world of League of Legends.